After two thrilling Porsche Michelin GT3 Cup Challenge Australia rounds, the one-make sports car series returns for round three at the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit with 25 entries as the three-class battle continues.
Luis Leeds enters the Phillip Island round off the back of his maiden Porsche podium at Sandown.
With two race wins apiece, young Melbourne trio Cooper Murray, Max Vidau and Simon Fallon will also continue their fight in the Pro class.
The Pro-Am class continues to be the best represented in the 25-car Porsche field, with Danny Stutterd continuing to lead the charge among the 11-strong Pro-Am grid.
Stutterd, the only driver to feature on both the Tailem Bend and Sandown Pro-Am podiums, holds a 55-point lead in the class over Brett Boulton and Michael Hovey in third.
Marcel Zalloua and Graham Williams return to the Pro-Am class following their Sandown absence, while Ross McGregor, one event after reaching his maiden Pro-Am class podium, will move to equal fourth on the list of most round starts with his 26th GT3 Cup Challenge appearance.
Class B will see three drivers make their first appearance for the season, two of which will be series debutants. Tony Martin makes his first series start since the penultimate 2017 round at Queensland Raceway with his ex-Craig Baird triple Carrera Cup title winning 911 GT3 Cup race car. Vince Misuraca and Sergio Pires are two other additions at Phillip Island, both making their maiden GT3 Cup Challenge appearance.
Porsche Michelin GT3 Cup Challenge Australia will feature two practice sessions on Friday, qualifying and race one on Saturday and two additional sprint races on Sunday.
As per all Shannons Nationals events, Sunday’s racing, including the final two Porsche Michelin GT3 Cup Challenge Australia races of the weekend, can be viewed live on the event’s live stream, available from the Shannons Nationals’ website at www.thenationals.com.au and Facebook page.
Friday June 1, 2018
11:10am Practice 1(30 minutes)
1:45pm Practice 2 (30 minutes)
Saturday June 2, 2018
10:30am Qualifying (20 minutes)
1:25pm Race 1 (20 minutes, TBC laps)
Sunday June 3, 2018
9:10am Race 2 (20 minutes, TBC laps)
12:05pm Race 3 (20 minutes, TBC laps)
Entry List: Round 3, Phillip Island
1. #7 Jimmy Vernon (Pro) McElrea Racing
2. #9 Tony Martin (Class B) Triffid Bar+Venue
3. #10 Michael Loccisano (Pro-Am) Hallmarc
4. #15 Vince Misuraca (Class B) Pie-Face/United Petroleum
5. #21 Shane Barwood (Pro-Am) Melbourne Orthopaedic Group
6. #17 Marcel Zalloua (Pro-Am) 360 Motorsport/Valmont
7. #22 Andrew Goldie (Class B) Woodford Trailers
8. #23 Daniel Stutterd (Pro-Am) The Porsche Broker
9. #27 Sam Fillmore (Pro-Am) The Porsche Broker
10. #29 Rob Woods (Pro-Am) Platinum Night Club Broadbeach
11. #36 Cooper Murray (Pro) Lodge Bros Racing
12. #38 Chelsea Angelo (Pro) PAYCE/Wilson Security
13. #57 Richard Bloomfield (Class B) Okey Dokey
14. #65 Ben Stack (Pro-Am) DNA Racing
15. #73 Michael Hovey (Pro-Am) Triffid Bar & Venue
16. #76 Christian Pancione (Class B) VCM Performance
17. #77 Max Vidau (Pro) Sonic/Bob Jane T Marts
18. #84 Brett Boulton (Pro-Am) Bold Living
19. #87 David Greig (Class B) Daikin
20. #88 Phil Morriss (Class B) Morriss Racing Services
21. #96 Simon Fallon (Pro) Sonic Motor Racing
22. #99 Ross McGregor (Pro-Am) Southern Star Windows
23. #117 Sergio Pires (Class B) 360 Motorsport
24. #131 Graham Williams (Pro-Am) Sonic/Williams Racing
25. #230 Luis Leeds (Pro) OPS Gateway